New Vehicle Warranty
Each TATA vehicle & parts thereof manufactured by Tata Motors are guaranteed to be free from material and workmanship defects, subject to the terms & conditions mentioned in owner's manual.
The warranty begins from the date of sale of the vehicle to the first owner. The sale date is considered as start date for the warranty period.
For warranty related support, the vehicle owner shall contact the concerned Tata Motors authorized dealer / TASC.
For more details on warranty Terms & Conditions, please refer to Owner's manual / Click Here.
Tata Motors warrants each TATA vehicle & parts thereof manufactured to be free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to terms & conditions mentioned in the Owner's manual .
Tata Motors Original Parts Warranty
The warranty period commences from the date of sale of the vehicle to the first owner.. Warranty on each model is applicable as per below table.
Warranty Obligations & Limitations
|Period* (Months)||Mileage* (Kms)
|Safari 2.2 Dicor||24||75,000
|Sumo Victa / Spacio (4SP#)||18||Unlimited
*Months or Kilometers, whichever occurs earlier.
*Warranty period may change without notice – For details, please check owner's manual.
$ Warranty for Varicor engine – 3 years or 1,50,000 Kilometers whichever occurs earlier.
# Warranty for 4SP engine – 3 years or 3,00,000 Kilometers, whichever occurs earlier.
- Tata Motors’ obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing, free of charge, such parts of the car which, in our opinion, are defective, on the car being brought to Tata authorized dealers or service centres within the warranty period. The parts so repaired or replaced shall also be warranted for quality and workmanship but such warranty shall be co-terminus with this original warranty.
- Any part which is found to be defective and is replaced by us under the warranty shall be Tata Motors property.
- As for such parts as Tyres, Batteries, Infotainment system (if any), etc. not manufactured by Tata Motors but supplied by other parties, this warranty shall not apply, but buyers of the vehicle shall be entitled to, so far as permissible by law, all such rights as we may have against such parties under their warranties in respect of such parts.
- This warranty shall not apply if the vehicle or any part thereof is repaired or altered otherwise than in accordance with our standard repair procedure or by any person other than from our sales or service establishments, our authorized dealers, service centres or service points in any way so as, in our judgment which shall be final and binding, to affect its reliability, nor shall it apply if, in our opinion which shall be final and binding, the vehicle is subjected to misuse, negligence, improper or inadequate maintenance or accident or loading in excess of such carrying capacity as certified by us, or such services as prescribed in our Owner's Manual are not carried out by the buyer through our sales or service establishments, our authorized dealers, service centres or service points.
- This warranty shall not apply to the replacement of normal wear parts, including without limitation, spark plugs, drive belts, hoses, wiper blades, fuses, clutch disc, brake shoes, brake pads, cables and all rubber parts (except oil seal and glass run).
- This warranty shall not cover any inherent normal deterioration of the vehicle or any of its parts arising from the actual use of the car or any damage due to negligent or improper operation or storage of the vehicle.
- This warranty shall not apply to normal maintenance services like oils & fluid changes, head lamps focusing, fastener retightening, wheel balancing and alignment, tyre rotation, adjustment of valve clearance, fuel timing, ignition timing and consumables like bulbs, fuel, air & oil filters and gas leaks in case of air conditioned cars.
- This warranty shall not apply to any damage or deterioration caused by environmental pollution or bird droppings. Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting the function or quality of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibration, defects appearing only under particular or irregular operations are items considered characteristics of the vehicle.
- This warranty shall be null and void if the car is subjected to abnormal use such as rallying, racing or participation in any other competitive sport. This warranty shall not apply to any repair or replacements as a result of accident or collision.
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of all warranties, whether by law or otherwise, expressed or implied, and all other obligations or liabilities on our part and we neither assume, nor authorize any person to assume on our behalf, any other liability arising from the sale of the vehicle or any agreement in relation thereto.
- The buyer shall have no other rights except those set out above and have, in particular, no right to repudiate the sale, or any agreement or to claim any reduction in the purchase price of the vehicle, or to demand any damages or compensation for losses, incidental or indirect, or inconvenience or consequential damages, loss of car, or loss of time, or otherwise, incurred or accrued.
- Any claim arising from this warranty shall be recognized only if it is notified in writing to us or to our authorized dealer without any delay soon after such defects as covered & ascertained under this warranty.
- This warranty is fully transferable to subsequent vehicle owner. Only unexpired remaining period of warranty applies.
- We reserve our rights to make any change or modification in design of the car or its parts or to introduce any improvement therein or to incorporate in the car any additional part or accessory at any time without incurring any obligation to incorporate the same in the cars previously sold.
To keep vehicle warranty in force, the vehicle owner shall –
- Use only recommended oils and lubricants, genuine parts during vehicle service & repair
- Carry out service / repairs at Tata Motors authorized dealers / TASCs only
- Ensure periodic servicing as per service schedule given in owner's manual
- Do normal inspections periodically such as check engine oil, coolant, brake oil, power steering oil levels, maintain correct tire pressure, check and top up electrolyte level in battery (Use only distilled water for topping up)
- Use only recommended fuses and always keep spare fuses in the box
- Retain the maintenance service records of the vehicle
- Keep the Owner's Manual & service booklet in a safe place to present to the Tata Motors authorized dealer at regular maintenance and repair visits
- Register new owner's details with Tata Motors authorized dealer, in case of change in ownership of the vehicle
Tata Motors Original Parts come with a warranty period of 6 months or 10,000 kms. whichever is earlier from date of part purchase & fitment on the vehicle. The part shall be purchased and fitted on the vehicle from Tata Motors authorized dealers / TASCs only (who will be assisting the parts warranty). The vehicle owner shall retain the customer's copy of the original repair bill for all future reference.
Parts will not be covered under this warranty if it breaks down or fails to perform due to abuse, misuse, alteration, accident or have been improperly lubricated or repaired. Also, normal wear & tear failures will not be considered under this warranty. This warranty shall not apply to the incidental or consequential damages, loss of time, inconvenience & loss of use of the vehicle or commercial loss.
Tata Motors reserves the right for the final decision in all warranty matters.